My Year 2018

THIS YEAR. Good god. This was my busiest year so far. I mean, I'm still at home and don't have a job. (If you follow me for a while, there is a chance that you know, that social anxiety and anxiety in general are keeping me from doing the 'normal' thing and going to work every day. But I'm working on it.)

This year I was running from one appointment to the next, had to make way too many phone calls and overall just felt really overwhelmed and frustrated. Every year I'm pretty hard on myself for not getting the progression that I imagined for myself in the beginning of the year. Let's turn it around this time. Cause I actually got shit done. I still get nervous making phone calls BUT I'm not anxious about it anymore. (Yes, there is a difference.) I had an appointment with a wonderful therapist in the beginning of the year, who sadly didn't work on cases like me but who really guided me in what my options are. I actually called other therapists, who also didn't work. But one, who had a waitinglist and I made it, I have an appointment this january. Fingers crossed he will take me on as a patient. I NEED A WIN. All the other appointments weren't for me, but for my mom, but we are each others emotional support animals (lol), so I'm always going with her, and she goes with me.

I turned 31 this year and I feel like I'm over 10 years behind on getting my life together but I'm learning more and more not to put pressure on myself and go with my own timetable. As long as I am working on myself, I'm good.

BUT LET'S TALK ABOUT BOOKS.
My goal was to read 50 books this year. I put it way down, cause I just had a feeling. And thank god, I listened to it. I barely managed to reach that goal. But I made it.

Here is my Top 14
(also honorabe mentions to all the books I read by  J.D. Robb, Jo Nesbø, Sebastian Fitzek, and everything I read Harry Potter related.)

Phantastische Tierwesen und wo sie zu finden sind by J.K. Rowling

Spies, Lies, and Allies by Lisa Brown Roberts

Der erste Blick, der letzte Kuss und alles dazwischen by Jennifer E. Smith

Die Frauen vom Löwenhof - Agnetas Erbe by Corina Bomann

Ms. Marvel Vol. 4 // Ms. Marvel Vol. 5

Dear Ijeawele, or a Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Always Never Yours by Emily Wibberley & Austin Siegemund-Broka