Spoileralarm

Spies, Lies, and Allies!!!

Spies, Lies, and Allies - Lisa Brown Roberts

First things first: I received this book through NetGalley.

This book comes out May 4th, and you should totally check it out!!!

Summary: Summers are supposed to be fun, right? Not mine. I’ve got a job at my dad’s company, which is sponsoring a college scholarship competition. I just found out that, in addition to my job assisting the competing interns, I’m supposed to vote for the winner. Totally not what I signed up for.

There’s a crazy guy running the competition like it’s an episode of Survivor. Then there’s Carlos, who is, well, very distracting –– in a good way. But I can’t even think about him that way because Crazy Guy says any fraternizing on the job means instant disqualification for the intern involved.

As if that’s not enough, an anonymous weirdo with insider intel is trying to sabotage my dad’s company on social media…and I’m afraid it’s working.

Much as I’d love to quit, I can’t. Kristoffs Never Quit is our family motto. I just hope there’s more than one survivor by the end of this summer.

There is a reason why Lisa Brown Roberts is slowly but surely becoming one of my favorite YA authors. Her stories are just amazing, the settings are great and her characters always become my favorites.

So let's talk about the setting. I loved it. I loved the whole internship/scholarship scenario. Cause it brought together so many great characters, that probably never would have become friends, if it wasn't for that special circumstance and the bond they now share while going through all the ups and downs of their internship.

Which brings me right to the characters. I loved them. I loved every single one of them. Firstly, Laurel, the main characters. (Fun fact, give me a Laurel in any book, tv show or movie, and I will probably love her.) I loved her right from the start. She's a fangirl just like me. To the pain of the people around me, I always find a tv show or movie reference to every situation in life. Sorry, not sorry.
I loved the other interns as well. I loved Trish, she was everything I want to be. I loved Ashley. And the dudes, Elijah, Carlos and Jason. Jason just was that hurt little puppy that I wanted to protect at all costs.

There were also some great relationships. I loved Laurel and her parents, especially her dad, since we got more of that relationship. I loved their car rides and how Laurel came around and saw that her father and his company aren't anything evil.
Right from the beginning of the book, the first time the interns met, I wanted nothing more from this book, than lots of amazing friendships. Especially Laurel and Trish. Both had so many prejudices towards each other, that's why I wanted them to get over that and become the great friends, that I knew they could be. I especially loved moments when the whole group was together, the fussball tournament, the time when they all got locked into the basement. I loved these moments, thats when they really came together and started to really get to know each other and became a great time and good friends. I'm always here for that.
And of course the lovestory of Laurel and Carlos. It's something that we all knew would happen but I still enjoyed it a lot. They had some really great chemistry. Sometimes they were frustrating, especially Carlos, when he got jealous of Jason and was just a jerk. I also loved meeting Carlos' family, they were such a fun bunch.

Overall, I truly loved this book and can totally see myself reading this one a few more times. On a side note, I also really wanna read the book Laurel was reading in the story, I wanna get to know Qa'hr myself.