Renegade Red!!!

Renegade Red: Book Two of The Light Trilogy - Lauren Bird Horowitz

First things first: I received this book through NetGalley.

I actually got this book over a year ago and I feel so bad, that I'm so far behind on this. I suck. I'm sorry.

This is the second book in the The Light trilogy, so I won't be posting a summary, cause I don't want to spoil anything. I'm also going to try to keep my review pretty spoiler free. I'm trying.

The beginning of the book took me a little bit, I read the first book two years ago and didn't have the time to reread it, so that partly why and also the beginning was just super confusing and threw me for a loop there, but all gets explained, everything made sense and made me love the beginning of the book even more. Feel confused about how my mind work? Welcome to my world.

One thing before I get more into the story a bit, I love LOVE the author's writing. It's seriously so damn beautiful and poetic and I just love it. Speaking of poetic. The thing that I truly loved about the first book were the poems, so when we got the first poem in this book, I was so happy and just grateful, that we were getting poems in this book, too.

So now about the story. As spoiler free as I can.

The world building was amazing. To be in this world, that we only heard about in the first book, to actually go there and experience things. I loved it. It wasn't as magical and peaceful as I thought it would be, it actually was pretty brutal.

We also got to meet new characters. Hilo. HILO. I'm so so so so torn. This hurts my soul to write down. I loved her, I hated her, I LOVED her and then I just got confused and frustrated and just WHY???? We got a lot of Noa teaming up with Hilo, being on their mission together, working their way through challenge after challenge. ALL THE GIRL POWER. And then everything towards the end had to happen. I'm mad.

While I'm being mad, LET'S TALK ABOUT MARENA. Cause I'm livid when it comes to her. That little sneak found her way into my heart right away. There was no escaping her. Then I thought we lost her, BUT WE DIDN'T. Just so we could actually lose her. I'm mad. She was the greatest, seriously. I loved her scenes with Noa. I just loved everything about this girl. Man, she deserved better.

But let's talk about Noa. One of my favorite main characters.

I love her so much. She is seriously one of the strongest characters I have ever read. She cries, she's in pain. She wants to give up. BUT SHE KEEPS MOVING FORWARDS. And she doesn't take crap from anyone. I seriously love how she focuses on the important things, two brothers fighting over her, who loves her more, who did what bad thing and who did it for the better reason and she's just, Shut the eff up and help me save my sister. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!

The brothers. This book brought me firmly on Team Judah. But then things towards the end happened and things were being said and now I'm on Team Those faes better leave my girl alone. I still like Judah a lot more than Callum. I don't know. So many things were revealed in this book, that I don't know how to feel about just yet.

What I can tell you, is that I'm super super excited about the last book in this trilogy. Excited and super nervous. As soon as it comes out, I wanna read it. I'm not gonna wait a year after the release. I will and I can do it.