Spoileralarm

Immortal Writers!!!

Immortal Writers (Immortal Writers Series Book 1) - Jill M. Bowers

First things first: I received this book through NetGalley.

That is totally one of those books that surprised me a lot. I'm not sure what I expected but wow, this book was really amazing.

Summary: Young up-and-coming author Liz McKinnen has no idea that her life is about to change forever when she comes home from her first book tour. When she's kidnapped and told by her captors that she has to kill her fantasy book's antagonist, she thinks that she's fallen into the hands of crazy, dangerous fans... until her antagonist sends a real, fire-breathing dragon after her. Liz is quickly initiated into the Immortal Writers, a group of authors from throughout time whose words have given them eternal life, and whose prose is so powerful that it's brought stories over from the Imagination Field into the Reality Field. As Liz meets authors such as William Shakespeare, JRR Tolkien, Edgar Allan Poe, and Jane Austen, she has to learn how to control magic, fight dragons, and face her own troubled past before her power-hungry villain takes over the world. Will she survive the ultimate battle against the dragon lord whom she created?

The idea is just so freaking amazing and so creative, I truly love it. Also I didn't know this was going to be a series and that just makes me so excited, cause I seriously can't wait to read about other writers and their journey.

All this excitment aside. It actually took me a while to really get into the story and it took me even longer to actually connect with the characters. Except for Healer, she is just that character that shows up and that you fall in love with right from the start. The main character, Liz, really grew on me, she went through so much stuff in her past, she went through an incredible journey once she came to the castle. It was wonderful to see her grow into her power. Curtis, the hero of her books, didn't do it for me. I don't know what it is, but this is the second book in a short time, where I really don't care about the love interest or the romance at all. So yeah, that didn't work for me at all. I loved the relationship between Liz and Healer so much more and found it much more interesting.

The writing was amazing, though. Especially in the fighting scenes. Sometimes when there is lots of action, the writing can be all over the place and just really chaotic, but in this book, it was written so good. I also love that we got to see the training of Liz, that they didn't just throw a sword at her and told her she had magical powers and she could just use it perfectly.

So overall, I can really recommend it. It's a great and fun read. You will meet lots of famous writers and their characters, which was a really fun part of the book.

The book also has LOTS of dragons. DRAGONS!!!!