The Fearless Travelers' Guide to Wicked Places!!!

The Fearless Travelers' Guide to Wicked Places (Capstone Young Readers) - Pete Begler

First things first: I received this book through NetGalley.

The book comes out in March 1st, 2017. It's still a while, but I can really recommend it and hope you guys keep an eye out for it.

“You will get lost.
You will be afraid
You will fail
You will fight
You will remember
And without doubt:
You will find your way home.”

Summary: Twelve-year-old Nell Perkins knows there is magic at work that she can’t yet understand. Her mother has been taken by witches and turned into a bird. Nell must journey to get her mother back, even if it takes her deep into the Wicked Places — the frightening realm where Nightmares resides. There she must break the spell and stop the witches from turning our world into a living nightmare...

That book was seriously such an fun and weird adventure. At times I was reminded of Alice's journey through wonderland, the frustration that some of the things just very too weird and didn't make sense at all. But I love the creativety of the writer, developing this world and making it come to life through his words. And it worked, the writing was really good.

In the beginning I wasn't that sure, of the story and my ability to really get into the story and care about the characters. It took me a bit but then it really won me over. Especially Nell as a main character, she was just so lovable and I really wanted her to succeed in everything she did. I loved Speedy, wasn't so fond of George (most of the time he annoyed me when he opened his mouth.). I loved Badger and Pinch. And Max.

The book really had some great characters.

I loved the dynamic of Badger with the kids. Pinch and the kids. Badger and Pinch. Rose and her children, even when she was a bird. The whole group just gave me lots of family feels.

There were some really slow parts that didn't really work for me. But overall, I really thought this was a great book, an amazing setting that I haven't read before and was just fun to read.