Willing Target!!!

Willing Target - Kathleen Mix

First things first: I received this book through NetGalley.

I really recommend it.

Summary: The last thing covert operative Mitch Weaver wants is to be partnered with a gorgeous, reckless newbie. Still reeling from the death of his former partner, Mitch doesn't need the responsibility of keeping anyone else alive, especially when they volunteer to be a killer's target. Not to mention, his attraction to the too-perky blonde is the kind of distraction that could get them both killed in their line of work.

Andrea Carnegie's first assignment isn't going quite as she planned. Her partner might be sexy but he's completely frustrating with his determination to keep her out of danger. Masquerading as a billionaire's sister to bait a possible killer is her chance to shine. But if she wants to catch the person threatening their client, she’ll have to find a way to work together with Mitch while still keeping her distance. Even as the air between them sizzles, Andrea knows the worst possible thing she could do is fall for her partner.

I finished this book today and I have to say that I loved it way more than I expected.

In the beginning, until the middle of the book, I wasn't really sold on anything, I loved the whole idea behind it, but I just couldn't really connect with the characters. But oh boy, that changed a lot in the second half.

The mix between romance and the case work was perfect. Loved it.

The pace of the romance was very well done, until the end. There were some things happening at the end, that just felt rushed and just happened too quickly, for me personally. But I love these two idiots, so I'm kinda okay with it.

Also, I REALLY love the whole setting. Just give me all the stories about covert operations (seriously, if you know an amazing story that's about stuff like that, it doesn't have to involve romance.).

The writing was really great and overall it was a really fast read that kept me entertained until the end.