Spoileralarm

Magruder's Curiosity Cabinet!!!

Magruder's Curiosity Cabinet - Peter H. Wood

First things first: I received an ARC of this book through NetGalley.

The book is already out and I really recommend it.

Book summary:

After Kitty Hayward’s mother vanishes from their Coney Island hotel in 1904, Kitty finds herself alone, hungry, penniless, and far away from her native England. The last people she’d expect to help her are the cast of characters at Magruder’s Curiosity Cabinet, a museum of oddities that is home to a handful of freaks. But even the unusual inhabitants of Magruder’s may not be a match for the insidious sickness that is plaguing Coney Island...

I just finished this and AAAAH!!!! Easily one of my favorite books this year.

Right from the fIrst page I was sucked into the story and the scenery. The author's writing was just so amazing and described everything so beautifully. I'm just In awe. I hope to read many more books by her.

The characters. I loved them all (except maybe three or four people. But oh well.). I loved all the different stories and backgrounds that these characters had. Especially the main group, Zeph, Timur, Kitty, Nazan, Enzo, little P-Ray. They are all so close to my heart now. I'm a sucker for people getting together and just form this kind of family bond and find a home with people that were complete strangers once.

The story itself was tragic but also very beautiful. I don't exactly know why I thought that would be a fun read. Cause it's not. It's super sad. But it has so many great moments. It's not what I excepted but somehow that made it so much greater. I'm absolutely in love with it.