Crazy Dead!!!

Crazy Dead - Suzanne F. Kingsmill

First things first: I received an ARC of this book through NetGalley.

The book comes out june 25th and it's worth checking out.

So when I decided to start reading this book, I actually found out that this is the 4th book in a series. I haven't read the others but I didn't feel like it mattered. I got into the story really quick and found some really likeable characters really fast.

The story is about Cordi O’Callaghan, who finds herself in a psychiatric ward in Toronto. As she slowly recovers, one of the patients dies. Cordi must convince a skeptical medical staff that the woman has been murdered, while healing her own mind at the same time. Her suspects include medical personnel and patients suffering from schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, alcoholism, OCD, and panic disorder. Martha, Cordi’s lab technician, tries in dramatic fashion to help Cordi solve the murder, while Jacques, a recovering alcoholic, helps out and steals Cordi’s heart along the way. (x)

Cordi turned really quickly in one of those characters that I wanted to take out of the story and put her under a blanket and drink tea with her, so things would stop happening to her. The side characters were really great too (I love Martha and her friendship with Cordi so much).

I think that all the mental stuff was really well researched and written.

And the mystery. It was so great and kept me guessing throughout the book. And then the last chapter happens and I was so frustrated and excited at the same time. I didn't think that the story would go there.

Because I really love Cordi as a character, I'm actually going to read the other books in the series that came before this one.