Holding Court!!!

Holding Court - K. C. Held

First things first: I received an ARC of this book through NetGalley.

The book comes out March 1st. GO CHECK IT OUT!!!!

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this book. The cover immediatly made me wanna read it. The story sounded pretty interesting too.

The book is about Jules, 16 years old, blessed or well cursed with PTS (Psychic Tourette's Syndrome), it's the way her best friend Cami calls her spontaneous and uncontrollable prophecies that Jules keeps shouting in other people's faces. Jules is looking for a summer job, and finds an add in the newspaper for a job at a castle. She imagines she can dress up in beautiful dresses. Instead her job is to be the crazy nun. Also on her first day at work, she finds a dead body. And the mystery begins.

I love Jules as a main character. It's been a while since I read someone so fun. There were some lines in there that actually made me laugh out loud. At the same time she has a lot of insecurities, thinking that everyone assumes she is just a freak because she has these weird outburst. I just found her to be really lovable and overall really well written.

The story also had amazing characters. I loved Jules friendship with Cami and the relationship she had with her grandma (she's one amazing character. So many great lines. Such a fun personality.)

Something that I also really enjoyed was the love triangle. Uh, I know. Another one of those. But I loved how this one was written. How Bree wasn't the typical "other girl" that was mean and not likeable at all. Cause I loved Bree. And I really loved all the little revelations at the end of the book. So well handled. SO GREAT.

The writing in the book was amazing. It was such a fun and easy read. I loved the setting. I loved the mystery. I never got to the point where I just didn't care anymore who killed who. So I'm giving this book all the stars and I'm telling you all to pick up this book and reading. It's so entertaining.