Spoileralarm

Ten Things Sloane Hates About Tru!!!

Ten Things Sloane Hates About Tru - Tera Lynn Childs

First things first: I received an ARC through NetGalley.

The beginning was a bit slow for me and I just couldn't bring myself to like Sloane and root for her getting back to New York. I also didn't get the title, since Tru was much more likeable from the beginning than Sloane. So I felt a bit lost, to be completely honest.

But somewhere in the middle the book really picked up for me and then I just couldn't put it down anymore.

Like I mentioned in a earlier little update, I really loved the art aspect of the book, cause I'm a person that can't even draw a stickfigure but would love to be more artsy. So this whole element was really interesting to me.

The characters. Like I said, it took me awhile to actually like Sloane. She grew quite a bit, from her only caring about going back to New York, to actually caring about the new people in her life. I love the relationship she had with Tru, especially the fact that he felt safe enough with her to tell her about his parents, or mainly his father. I also noticed that his drinking stopped as soon as he told her. I don't know if that was just a coincidence or not, but I choose to take this as a really good sign.

Like I said, I really liked Tru from the beginning and the more we learned about him, the more I felt for him. There is just something about a person that hides all the bad stuff thats happening to them and all the sadness behind a cocky smilie that really gets to me.

Since this seems to be the first book in a series, I just can't wait to read more about these two and see were they go from here. Is Sloane actually going back to New York?! And if things will change between Tru and his father?!