Spoileralarm

The Summer Marked!!!

Summer Marked - Rebekah L. Purdy

First things first: I received an ARC through NetGalley.

I really liked this a lot more than the first one, it still got the same rating, cause it's still not enough for me to give it five stars.

I loved how fast-paced this book was compared to the first one. And I also loved that we got Salome's and Kadie's point of view.

I have to say even though I like Salome way more than I like Kadie, I enjoyed Kadie's parts a lot more. Probably because they were so much different. For Kadie everything was painful, she stumbled into this and got right in the middle of a war. I felt so bad for her cause she really went through hell. I have to say that I didn't like how things ended for her, the choices she made towards the end and all that. So I hope things get better for her in the next book.

Salome. I wish the parts about her self would have been more explored than just her being torn between her love for Gareth and how she had to become Nevine's queen, not only to save Gareth's live but also help Nevine and Summer to become more powerful. I mean the first book made you realize that the main focus is definitely the romance element but yeah. There were so many things happening, the fact that Salome has powers, that she could see Darach, that she could help him and that he was kinda anchored to her, and also the fact that she got marked not just by Summer, but also Spring, Autumn and Winter. I just really hope that in the next book that things concentrate more on that stuff. Cause I'm really interested in that.

We got a lot more new character, Etienne (still not sure about this dude), Teodor (absolutely hate him), Darach (love him and loved that we got a bit more insight on Nevine through him), Demetria (it still hurts), and we got more of Grisselle (that one is seriously batshit crazy).