Obsidian!!!

Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout

First of all, I'm forever grateful that I won this ebook here on booklikes, otherwise it would have probably taking me forever to pick up the book.

On to my review.

It took me forever to finish but that's just a bad habit that I have with ebooks, so that doesn't really say anything about the quality of the book or it's story. Cause I seriously loved every page of it.

The characters are amazing. I love Katy (and her love for books is just so relatable), she's such a witty and strong character, it's amazing. Dee, I want a best friend like Dee, seriously, she doesn't have to have alien powers or anything, I just need a person like Dee in my life. She's so wonderful and bubbly, and ugh, love her. Also Daemon, I was sure I was gonna hate that character forever but man, I couldn't have been more wrong. Seriously that's how I love my characters, I want to peel the layers off, I want to discover new sides of them. And with Daemon you first get the jerk, then you get nicer moments, then you get his story and you understand him better. And then you just completely fall in love with him. Or maybe that's just me.

I love the relationships in the book. Katy and her mom. Katy and Dee. Dee and Daemon. And most of all Daemon and Katy. These two idiots put a smile on my face so many times, I love the banter between them from the first moment to the last and I love the heartfelt moments between them even more. (Honorable mentions also to Carissa and Lesa. Amazing side characters that I really enjoy and like)

Also the Damon part at the end of the book. I loved that we got to read this part from his point of view, what was going through his mind and everything. Cause reading it the first time without knowing his thoughts, I really REALLY disliked him in that moment.

The story overall is super new to me, I dipped my toe in the fantasy world a while ago, but this is my first one that involves aliens, so that was new and I totally loved it. Can't wait to get my hands on the second book.

Seriously, if you haven't already. Pick up the book. PICK IT UP!!!