If He Had Been With Me!!!

If He Had Been with Me - Laura Nowlin

I'm absolutely in love with this book, with the story and with it's characters!!!

When you read the titel of the book and read the back to figure out what that book even is about, you just know that at one point in this book you are gonna have all the feels and get your heart broken. And it did.

It starts a bit slow at some points but I still enjoyed the book from the first page until the last. The characters, especially Autumn, Finny and The Mothers, are really loveable. Other characters are just there and then are characters that you wish would never be mentioned again.

I love how they build this story up. How things happened slowly and didn't get rushed for the sake of checking off a list of things that need to happen before that big moment.

The ending wasn't what I wanted. It just doesn't give me any closure and leaves me with so many questions that I really wanna have answered.

One of my favorite quotes in this book:

This book is a treasure; I did not suspect it would be so good when I picked it up, but now I can feel the printed words seeping through my skin and into my veins, rushing to my heart and marking it forever. I want to savor this wonder, this happening of loving a book and reading it for the first time, because the first time is always the best, and I will never read this book for the first time ever again.